Tuesday 23 November 2010

Stuff...


Firing on all cylinders.

The results of my EEG finally came back yesterday – the shower cap thing that measures my brain electrical pulses- and excellent news its all normal. Now in medical speak ‘normal’ is absolutely fine although you do kind of want Excellent/amazing/more electrical pulses than anyone I’ve ever seen – but no you get ‘normal’ which is similar to ‘appropriate’ which is also good and widely used – ‘yes his arms are appropriate – meaning I have two and they seem to work. Anyway to clear any confusion nice Mr consultant wrote ‘this is good news’ just to make sure….

Spin me right round

Yeh so D’s big spinning ladybird arrived yesterday which he promptly plonked me on. My head fell forward, my arms and legs weren’t long enough to touch the floor and I could hardly breathe. Brilliant. Well done. Fortunately I was picked up off it fairly promptly and it went back in the box. I think I may well be seeing that again though at some point…..

Bottles suck. Spoons rock.

Big day yesterday. I had porridge. Nuff said.


That’s it…oooo yeh that feels good…..

So my thai masseur arrived yesterday to butter me up and give me a good rub dowm…. And then I woke up and the lovely A from school had actually arrived to show M how to do baby massage, oh yeh…. Vague problem was I did actually fall asleep again and although M tried to wake me up by prodding me A is all holistic and such like so insisted that if I was asleep its better to leave me. Next time. Wake me up otherwise I’ll be off to chariots for a steam…


Bugs.

D’s other brilliant purchase was stripy socks with huge bugs attached to them and wrist bands with…guess what – bugs on them. They are quite cool I must say although I did freak out a bit as they rattle when I wave my arms around. Eventually though they just seemed quite heavy and got a bit annoying. So I threw up on one of them. Simple.


Dummy’s suck. Thumbs rock.

I’ve been eating my fingers for a few weeks now. (Yes you’re right they don’t feed me enough) but in another first yesterday I discovered that if I stick my thumb in my mouth and then curl my other fingers round my nose, 1. Its quite comfortable and 2. Everyone goes ‘ooooo’ and ‘ahhhh’ Although they do that when I fill my pants as well….just a slightly different tone.


DANGER!

Bored with staring at the same bit of ceiling in my room I’ve been moving slowly up my cot to see if there’s anything more interesting further up. There isn’t. But to avoid me strangling myself on my monitor D decided to drill holes in the wall and put it on its wall mount. He then realized it was a bit too high (measure twice drill once….) and that the wire shows 3 inches down the wall before going behind my cot. The wire is white. The wall is green – well ‘olive’ to be true to Farrow and Balls colour chart – apparently it only last two years – “mugs all of you” (quote there from paint salesman – that’s nice sir can I just buy the f***ing paint)….Anyway  this simply won’t do. Aesthetics darling. It is to be moved lower. How long the two holes in the wall will be there is hard to tell……


No comments:

Post a Comment