Wednesday 21 July 2010

Bugs schmugs..

So since Sunday I’ve been feeling a little under the weather again. The closer you are to the door the harder it seems it is to get through it. I’m still breathing on my own my but I’ve been having more desats and generally look like I’m about to burst when I go bright red, my face goes all wrinkly and my body writhes in what can only be described as agony. This has been going on for a bit too long for them to keep saying ‘oh its erm…normal that’….’his foots fallen off? Oh that’s erm normal that is…’ Hmm anyway ‘Godden the great appeared on Monday and said ‘oh yes bahhhh we’ll bahhh do the little chaps bloods a day early to see what hes up to. Now ‘bloods’ are drained from me every Tuesday and check for all things from hemaglobin levels to infection markers to um… well all sorts of other things as well. Anyway well this threw the cat amongst the proverbial pigeons as that was most irregular – a day early – how will they cope? Well surprisingly it all went a bit tits up. So they did take the blood on Monday and then it came back mon night saying my hemoglobin had dropped – uh oh whats that  coming over the hill? is it a transfusion… and my infection markers were on the borderline of being bunged full of antibiotics again. Bugger. So as they were so close the Doc said we should repeat them on Tuesday yet when doc manana manana came on he just waived the request with a Mediterranean hand saying that there was no request in the notes so ‘no I am nota de doinga de bloodsa.’ Hmm. So then yesterday I went blue a few times and desated quite a lot again and went bright red and felt like poo. So after lots of lobbying by Mum to the nurses they said they’d bleep the doc and see if they could get more bloods done as yes ‘I wasn’t right, and maybe I should be on antibiotics….’ Yes love I ruddy should be if I’ve got an infection – do you not remember the last time when I was soooooo ill. No? Anyway to cut a quite a long story already a little bit shorter…. The latest update is…..

D rings up last night goes something like this…

Special care baby unit nurse blah blah blah

Hello its martin

Oh hello blah de blah

Oh yes yada yada yada

Anyway hows he doing have his bloods been done?

Oh yes his hb levels are the same and the crp (infection) markers are down so nothing to worry about

Oh right that was quick

Erm yes…well thing is they were actually done in the morning by the night doc but he didn’t tell anyone…..

So we’ve spent all day trying to get them done worried he had an infection or might need a blood transfusion and you lovely nurse has also been thinking that yes they should be done as you’ve seen him get worse and unbeknown to all of us they were already done??

Erm yes.

Right…… so whats causing all the pain and desats?

Erm… his new milk maybe….

Right.

And you wonder why M&D look a bit tense now and then. I was never worried myself and did an enormous poo to celebrate which to be honest seemed to do the trick and sort me right out. And in other not as dull as that long winded quite boring post is the fact that I am now up to 3 whole bottles a day. I love em. None of this shove it down my nose nonsense for me I like to suck the teat man. Oh yeh  diggity…


2 comments:

  1. Alfie, what a load of poo! And I don't mean what you've left in your Calvin Klein nappies. Sounds like the NHS is reflecting life in this country of ours. Generally OK, but at times so incompetant that you think you've been transported to an uncivilized world in another galaxy. Poor M&D, all that worry and no new shooz like yours. Make sure you keep those little trains shooting out of the tunnel. J-dude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your feeling loads better soon xx

    ReplyDelete