Monday 19 July 2010

My memory is fading

As my secretary/slave – whatever you want to call him -  has been so useless at updating over the weekend I’m going to have to do this in reverse order so to speak as frankly I can’t really remember much. Anyway – news this morning is that I’m now 2.03Kg or 4lb 7oz and seem a lot calmer than yesterday. And talking of yesterday – it was my first wobble in quite a few days really so obviously put M&D on edge a bit as they and I thought we were all over that. I actually think it was down to a mechanical problem with the ‘train’ which had been stuck in the tunnel all night due to signaling problems. Engineering only got it back on track at around 6pm after me spending all day to push it out like geoff capes used to do – or was it alan jacks? Anyway because of this issue my sats were a bit all over the place, my heart rate was bonging high and I did occasionally look a bit grey. Pink good. Grey bad. So not great, nursey didn’t really think there was a problem as she was too busy eating doughnuts ….until she did actually look at me and then started talking about more blood transfusions which isn’t great – although godden the great (mr consultant) man will probably just tell me to pull myself together and have a stiff upper lip and I’ll be fine – he was the one that pumped my full of antibiotics when I had sepsis so we like him. In a brief interlude to the general crabbiness of yesterday M&D went and bought my car seat. Which readers will remember a reference to very early on. So I say to you weird smiling freak doctor from St. Marys – HA!

On Saturday it was a bit calmer really although when M&D arrived I looked like I’d been dropped into my cot from a great height and then blankets had been generally thrown in  my direction, there were 3 bits of random tissue in a ball by my face, my lovely gel pillow was by my ankles and my natty outfit with clouds on it had odd blobs on it. Ruddy bank nurses. Poor me I was getting flashbacks to Britney…. Ah I wonder how she is? Probably knocked up already bless her….


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is back on track this morning. That's good news. 4lb7oz is great - what weight do you have to be before they consider you for parole? Keep up the good work Alfie. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eileen, I'm already at the parole weight (4lb) but need to get past my little wobble and be taking all feeds from my bottle and not through my nose - cause quite frankly, passing solids through my nose will be a little tricky methinks!! Thanks for your continued love and support, much love to you and Captain Henning....Alfie xx

    ReplyDelete