Tuesday 6 July 2010

today is a good day

firstly the weigh in went very well as i had put 100g on in 3 days. obviously then instead of applauding me for being so big and strong M&D panicked and thought i had adema again. but no it was all muscle. well i say that my erm.... thingywotsits were a bit swollen but they said that was 'positional' as i am in an inclined position to help with my reflux so fluid generally flows downwards into that erm particular area. ahem. but then today they said it wasn't that and it was hypoclacemianonsensedadnotreallylisteningicia which is very common... oh right so ruddy common you thought it was something else....hmmm. anyway not going to get all riled as doc obi wan kenobi (or dr ben obi to give him his proper name) was rather pleased with me today - although no gold stars as he doesn't give them out - tight b*&%&. my pump litres thing (the amount of pressure the air is forced into my lungs) has been turned down again to 6litres. I was on 5 litres but had to be shoved up to 8ltre last week when i had my funny turn. Its dropped a litre every 24 hours if i'm doing ok and then when i get to 2 litres i can go on nasal prongs which is where i'm still given oxygen but theres no pressure behind it so i have to breathe completely on my own. No pressure there then.....

in other news dad changed his second nappy ever today so i gave him a really big present which was nice. fortunately for him the next door neighbour needed an xray so they booted him out halfway through it and then lovely nursey finished it off as the xray people couldn't wait another hour while he fiddled with bits of tape and tried to keep all my wires together. But in bigger news i've been out of the greenhouse twice in the last two days for a bit of me and mum time where i was all swaddled up and held in her arms like a real little fella. it was loverly. obviously after i relaxed a bit i desated and had to be put back in but then the begonias did look a little dry so just as well. And my little blue beret which only a few weeks ago made me look like a french peasant now looks like a beanie hat its so tight. so either my heads grown (at the normal rate and nothing to do with the brain bleed....just incase you're worried) or some buggers washed it and shrank it. anyway thats it for now. i shall go back to hugging the wierd brown thing thats apparently moved in with me. xx

3 comments:

  1. Good days are great days - lovely:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alfie, in the not too distant future (about 20 years, it'll fly by!) you will have to go to work and you'll soon realise that generally work is a bit dull. However, days can go well as long as there's some sprinkling of joy and for me reading your blog is one of those bit of joy (except when your bonging a lot, then it's not so joyful). Keep it up big boy and don't let the monkey give you any grief! Jonnydude

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good days are the best days Alfie. You just keep doing what you're already doing. I think M&D should take a copywright out on this blog and publish it sometime in the future as an inspiration to others. For me it is a privilege to be part of your early life in this way.

    ReplyDelete