Friday 18 June 2010

Alfie says....come on england!

So after yesterdays melancholic meaning of life ponderings I thought I’d lighten it up a little today. The early morning good news is I’ve put on 80g and am now a whopping 2lb 11oz or 1.33kg in new money. Now clearly I’m still not going to win any fattest baby of the year awards but this is pretty good as over at the weigh in area they say that the ‘fighting weight’ or the going home weight you have to achieve before they consider release is about 4lb – which according to my calculations is only 7.125 days away….. I’m not sure that’s right. Maybe that should be 7.125 weeks. Hmm.

In other more barfy news, the delightful reflux which now everyone’s focused on is still causing me issues. They’ve changed my feeds to hourly now instead of two hourly to reduce the amount going in me at one time and have started adding dom perignon to my mix, which is rather lovely. Who knew the nhs were so extravagant. This is the latest addition together with the gaviscon – yes gaviscon – that they’re hoping will reduce the reflux. Problem is when I get the it my sats drop like a stone and my heart beat fluctuates all over the place so that’s not really great is it. Lovely nurse says that its still happening but seems a bit less than overnight with the new regime.

Oh have just been told its domperadone…..and not the other one…

5 comments:

  1. Go go Mum. You now Alfie, mum's will do anything for you, so remember that later in life. Especially around Mother's Day, Birthdays and Christmas and on any spontaneuous moment. It'll make life a lot easier for you too! Keep it up big boy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Mum definitely ROCKS! Your doing great Alfie!... Oh and of course your Dad rocks too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alfie

    I'm a friend of a friend of your daddy's (Julian) who forwarded me the link to your blog. I've just read it from start to finish and although you don't know me, I wanted to post a message of support to you and your mummy and daddy. I'm thinking of you all.

    Alison x

    PS. I hope you and your daddy enjoy the England match tonight. Judging on last Saturday's performance, i'd say 10 out of 11 players could learn a thing or two from you about fighting spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey go gel I luv it ....that'll be the spirit me an gems loves.... hats off to you all those day/weeks will fly past you'll see you'll be crawlin over the cats before long!
    joy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think England heard you Alfie - you'll have to shout a bit louder!! Perhaps I'll send you over a vuvuzela!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete