Friday 25 June 2010

stuff thats goin on

I have now decided that Harriet is lovely. I have even tried to impress her mum by bonging in the 97’s whenever she comes in to prove I have a strong heart and well saturated blood. Girls look for that sort of thing I’ve heard.

New head scan says no new problems although new consultant neuro man says that he can understand why St.Marys got a bit worried as it could have got worse. But it didn’t. So we’re all thankful for that. Plus head size is growing at a normal rate which is super although dad thinks I look like flat Stanley as because my head is on the side a lot and my napper is still quite soft it starts to look a bit square although nuirsey says it will fill out…hmmm we shall see….

My oxygen levels on my lo-flo are the best ever – even got down to 21% today which is essentially air – just like you’re breathing. Obviously they then flipped me on my back and needed a bit more but this is a good sign….fingers crossed.

My feeds are now being mixed with a special preemie formula with extra chips and sausages mixed in to give me a bit more extra fat. Nice.

And talking of fat. I have now reached the milestone of 3lb!!! yes hurrah for me.

My albumin levels have still not increased but the mini consultant says its odd because I don’t look like they’re still low. They said that I didn’t look ill when I had sepsis as well so either the make up is working or they don’t really know what I’m meant to look like…

Yesterday Mum thought I had a wart on my finger. Oh please. Doctor looked at it and said hmmm looks like a wart.  Today it fell off and disappeared. It wasn’t a wart. It was a bogey.

Eye test because of the ‘incident’ has been put off till next week due to it all kickin off in here yeterday. There I was having a snooze when the bongs go off in the next room – the low dependency unit -  and then more bongs and people start rushing around and carrying the LDU little fella into here (HDU) and then lots more rushing around – and all I’m trying to do is have a kip. Anyway eye man decided he wanted nothing of it all and wandered off. Update is the wee man is doing ok but is on cpap. Which just goes to show – you never know when you might have a dip or a funny turn – obviously I won’t as I have a strong heart and well saturated blood…

And finally Dads landrover has been described by a garage as ‘buggered’. He is very upset.




2 comments:

  1. All sounds very good Alfie except for dads' car of course. I expect he will have to get a new 'flash limo' for your homecoming! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work little Alfie thinking of you with lots of love xx
    Sorry about daddys' car.

    ReplyDelete